Information Governance and eDiscovery for Healthcare
The healthcare industry is highly regulated, involves many moving parts and ultimately has an impact on people’s health and well-being. IQPC’s Information Governance and eDiscovery for Healthcare is designed to bring together the legal, compliance, privacy, HIM and IT professionals that need to work together to govern the masses of information healthcare organizations create and use.
As a strategy, information governance can deliver business benefits in terms of reduced costs, more accurate information, improved care… and less scrambling during any disclosure request. True implementation of an information governance system is difficult, however, because it involves costs, both in terms of the money an organization would have to invest in the problem and the time that busy employees would have to devote to clean-up, training and integrating better practices. It is a daunting task, but it is worth it. This event and its knowledgeable speaker faculty are here to help.
Join us to discuss:
- Navigating new developments, including ICD-10 implementation, meaningful use stage 2 and the new HIPAA breach notification rules
- Process development, documentation and implementation
- Internal audits and investigations
- HIPAA-compliant disclosure
- Lessons learned from situations that didn’t go quite as planned